We recognize that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of data we collect when you use our services, as well as the uses we make of this data.
Data we collect:
- Our web servers automatically record some HTTP header data when you visit our website. This includes the referring URL, IP address, browser type, preferred language, and the time of the visit.
- We request and record some personal information, such as your real name and your email address, when you register for a service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information.
- We may combine personal information collected from you in connection with a specific service with information from other services or third parties to provide a better user experience, including customizing content and advertising for you.
Uses we make of the data:
- We use the data collected to provide the services you've requested, including services that display customized content and advertising.
- We may also use this data for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve technologies and services.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with partners and other third parties.
- We may also be forced to share personal information with third parties such as the police or other government agencies in limited circumstances, such as when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or other harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- We store the data on our servers in the Kingdom of Norway and in other countries. We may process the data on a server outside your own country.
- You may decline to provide personal information to us. In general, all our services has been designed to work as well as possible without your personal information being available. However some services may provide you with less functionality as a result. For instance, you will not be able to write any Contributions (such as comments and questions) without registering with the site with your real name and a working email address.
- If you choose to provide personal information, we shall make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your own personal information as collected by us and to let you correct such data (if it is inaccurate) or delete it.
Termination and Deletion:
- You may terminate your personal account at any time. When you terminate your account, we will automatically delete all personal information (such as email-adress, preferences and profile information) associated with your personal account.
- Published Contributions will be retained on the site after you terminate your account, but will no longer be linked to your profile. Retained contributions will carry the byline or name you used when you submitted the Contribution.